The Gold Standard for Food Sensitivity Related Illness
Why MRT® is the Gold Standard for Food Sensitivity Testing
“In medicine and statistics, gold standard test refers to a diagnostic test or benchmark that is the best available under reasonable conditions.” – Wikipedia
Without MRT®, identifying dietary triggers in food sensitivity is an enormous challenge for many reasons:
- There are multiple inflammatory pathways and reactions can be governed by either innate or adaptive mechanisms.
- Food-specific IgG, IgA and IgM antibodies are frequently involved in clearing of food antigens, but are not often involved in an inflammatory response. If antibodies are involved in the inflammatory process, unlike elevated levels of food-specific IgE, which has a reasonable correlation with the degree of the inflammatory response, elevated levels of food-specific non-IgE antibodies have shown a poor correlation with inflammation and symptoms.
- Food sensitivity reactions may produce subclinical inflammation but no obvious effects.
- Reactions are often dose-dependent – a small amount of an offending food may not produce any noticeable symptoms, but a large amount does.
- Reactions may be delayed by many hours or even days after ingestion.
- There are typically many reactive foods, not just 1-2 as is common with food allergy.
- Even so-called anti-inflammatory foods, such as salmon, parsley, turmeric, blueberry, garlic, or apples (or any food) can be reactive. Generic elimination diets recommend these foods.
- Naturally occurring food-chemicals often play an important role.
No other blood test accounts for the numerous complexities of food sensitivities as well as MRT®. Even oral challenge cannot provide the clinically relevant information that MRT® provides, as it can only determine if a food provokes noticeable symptoms – it cannot give any insight into subclinical inflammatory effects, or dose-dependent reactions.
Whether reactions are governed by the innate or adaptive immune system; whether reactions are caused by foods or food-chemicals; whether they are dose-dependent or delayed, MRT® provides the most complete information regarding hidden inflammation producing foods and food-chemicals.
MRT® is a functional “endpoint” test, meaning it measures and quantifies the endpoint of all inflammation generating sensitivity pathways – mediator release from white blood cells. MRT® has been awarded multiple US and International patents and is the only food sensitivity test in the world that can measure reactions of different types of inflammatory cells simultaneously (lymphocytes, neutrophils, monocytes, and eosinophils). And because MRT® quantifies reactions, it is able to reliably predict the safest eating plan for your patients.
When you compare all the features of MRT® versus other food sensitivity blood tests, MRT® is clearly the Gold Standard for food sensitivity testing.
Why LEAP is the Gold Standard of Food Sensitivity Eating Plans No patient ever got better by taking a food sensitivity blood test. They got better by taking the results of the blood test and then turning it into an eating plan that they actually adhered to. Labs that sell food sensitivity blood tests typically provide some form of rotation diet with the patient’s test results as a convenience to save the practitioner time.
Aside from the fact that most food sensitivity blood tests have very limited clinical value, thus eating plans based upon them will also have limited clinical value, for the vast majority of patients, ROTATION DIETS ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO FOLLOW. Therefore, patient compliance is typically poor, and outcomes are less than optimal. Rotation diets, though effective, are not the best way to maximize outcomes. So what is? The LEAP eating plan!
LEAP is so much more than just a computer generated rotation diet based on the results of a blood test. It is a complete system of developing a healthy, anti-inflammatory eating plan for each patient. LEAP maximizes the value of the information MRT® provides, incorporates the patient’s history, is easier to follow, includes the patient’s food preferences, gets greater patient buy-in and adherence and consistently produces the best outcomes in the shortest time.
This is why LEAP is the Gold Standard for food sensitivity eating plans.
The benefits of LEAP and MRT® go far beyond food sensitivity related health problems; however, common conditions typically achieve rapid, lasting relief in as little as 5-7 days: